The Delta GEMS Program honors the 12th National President of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Dr. Jeanne L. Noble, a legendary pioneer in the field of education. The Delta GEMS Program, officially renamed The Dr. Jeanne L. Noble Delta GEMS Institute, continues to spotlight teenage girls between the ages of 14-18 in grades 9 through 12, who have not reached their full academic potential.
The Dr. Jeanne L. Noble Delta GEMS Institute activities center around leadership, community outreach, public service, cultural awareness, dealing with peer pressure, image building and developing strong, confident and respectful young ladies by striving to prepare them to take active roles in their success and in society at-large.
These objectives are accomplished with a focus on:
- Young women who have potential, but need guidance, support and skills to achieve success;
- Young women who are interested in developing leadership skills;
- Young women who are actively pursuing college/and or career options;
- Young women who need encouragement and support in pursuit of higher learning;
- Young women identified by schools, churches, youth groups and/or former Delta Academy participants
For 2010 – 2011, the Institute will participate in the OAC Crimson Angel Network – Feed The Hungry, the OAC IMPACT Day (The Black Male Crisis – EMBODI/ How Young Women are Effected) and the OAC Teen Summit (Take a STAND).
The program serves as a motivational strategy to inspire and encourage African-American teenage girls with the ultimate goal of increasing their knowledge and awareness of issues affecting women of color. The implementation of the program will be accomplished through a variety of workshops, meetings, socials and cultural events/activities to include:
- Scholarship (Academic Excellence)
- Sisterhood (Self Esteem, Health Awareness, and Leadership)
- Financial Awareness (Show Us the Money)
- Service (Social Responsibility through Community Service)
- Infinitely Complete (Rites of Passage)
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Please note the following on the application: PLEASE RETURN THE APPLICATION TO: Orlando Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. P.O. Box 555238, Orlando, FL 32855, Attention: Delta GEMS.